Saturday, June 9, 2007

My baby sister graduated from high school today. Her graduation ceremony was in a church that used to be part of a shopping mall, and no, I'm not making that shit up. Anyway, the ceremony was nice. The Vice Principal passed out about mid-way through announcing the names of the graduates. He had to be carried off stage but we found out at the end of the ceremony that he was ok and I'm very glad for that. It was kind of scary. Anyway, my beautiful, wonderful baby sister graduated from high school today. I am so happy for her! We are throwing her a party and we are all having a wonderful time. I'm taking a break now, as I have just gotten around to eating something after I've worked my way through a good part of a bottle of gin. Anyway, I just want to congratulate my sister. She has went to school and held down a steady job for the past couple of years, which she will continue to do as she enters college. And, since this blog deals mostly with politics and since I just want to finish with this quote as I think about how hard my sister has had to work to just to be able to have a car to drive back and forth to school and to have some small amount of money to spend on herself and doing things that she enjoys and how hard she will have to continue to work to maintain a job and go to school once she starts college:

The universal loathing for Paris Hilton crosses all borders. There are no liberals, no conservatives, no blacks, no whites, no rich, no poor who don't hate Paris Hilton. We all can't stand her and are jubilant at her misery and downfall.
Who didn't absolutely cherish the pictures of Hilton crying like a baby when she was forced to serve out the rest of her sentence like any other citizen? Who didn't adore the stories of her crying out, "Mom!" Or better yet, "It's not right!"
I laughed and laughed. I nearly wept with joy at the comeuppance. I believe the Germans invented the word schadenfreude in anticipation of this very event. Schade! Schade! For shame!


No comments: